Mother’s Day is the perfect time to show your mom how much you love and appreciate all that she does. Older kids may enjoy cooking breakfast. Younger kids may like making her a handmade card or a craft. A craft that is popular with little ones is handprint art.
From thumbprint flowers to handmade jewelry, the possibilities seem to be endless and make such a precious gift. Here are 50 handprint keepsakes that are sure to be cherished by the mom receiving it.
- Clay Fingerprint Tags …. love these! – Share and Remember
- These Hands Will Hold My Heart Forever …. perfect for scrapbooks!
- Free Flower Art Printable – The Crafting Chicks
- I Love You a Whole Bunch Fingerprint Grapes Card – A Mommy’s Adventure
- Mommy & Me Handprint Plaque….. I adore this Etsy Shop and the owner is super friendly – Clayful Impressions
- Sweet Canvas Keepsake – our guest post on What to Expect ®
- Growing Flowers Mother’s Day Craft – links to a similar one we made the year before in the 1st paragraph.
It might be fun to make mom something she can wear. Here are 5 DIY ideas that aren’t too complicated and so adorable that I can’t can’t even decide which one is my favorite!
- DIY ‘Handelion’ Apron – Michaels
- Fingerprint Pendants – A Girl and a Glue Gun
- Handprint Charms Tutorial …. so pretty! – Plucking Daisies
- Fabric Painted Gifts – Teach Me Mommy
- Print a Thumb-body Loves You Poem and Necklace Craft – The Shroeder Page
Not only do crafts made with little hands and feet make precious keepsakes, they also make a cute way to decorate the home.
- Handmade Dish Towels – guest post
- How to make a Salt Dough Footprint Heart – Squidoo
- How to Bronze Your Baby’s Handprints – She Knows
- Baby Footprint Flower Garden – Teach Preschool
- Personalized Doormat Craft – Mummy Deals
- Framed Photo Fingerpainting Keepsake ….. adorable! – SoHo Sonnet Creative Learning
- Fingerprint Flowerpot and Homemade Seed Bombs – Fun-a-day
- Mod Podge Handprint Wall Hangings – guest post on Mod Podge Rocks from My Life with Kids
- Photo Keepsake with Handprint Poem – Crafty Moms Share
- Cute Magnet Idea … can even hang up photos with them! – Cheap Crafty Mama
- Framed Fingerprints Border and Poem Gift Idea – JDaniel4’s Mom
- Fingerprint Candles – Come Together Kids
- Flowers in a Duck Tape Vase
- Mother’s are Angels Footprint Craft – Sassy Dealz
- Handprints on Cork Board Gift for Moms – Buggy and Buddy
- Hallmark Magic Prints Frame – Crayon Freckles
- Thumbprint Flower Pot Mama’s Like Me
- Handprint and Fingerprint Flowerpot
- Little Hands from Play Dough – Teaching Mama
- Make Mom a Card using Hand Cut-outs + see what other fun thing they made! – Coffee Cups and Crayons
- Salt Dough Flower Fingerprints – Meaningful Mama
Handmade cards or crafts with poems/sayings are a great way to tell moms how much they are loved.
- Pretty Flower Card made from Handprints – The Imagination Tree
- I Love You More Than Keepsake Art – School Time Snippets
- We Love You Mini Canvas – The Craft Nest
- Free Bookmark Printable with a Fingerprint Poem – Share & Remember
- You’re Berry Sweet! Strawberry Card
- I Love You Handprint Heart
- Super Sweet Poem – Katie’s Nesting Spot
- Footprint Heart with Poem
- Bouquet of Handprints …. see what cute things they wrote on them – Celebrations
A drawing/art project made just for her can be displayed in the home bringing sweet thoughts every time she sees it.
- Flower Handprint in a Pot – The MaMade Diaries
- Painted Canvas Art Project … love! – Kids Clutter and Chaos
- Vase Art Project …. perfect to hang up as decor! – Art with Ms Chiddo
- Flower Bouquet Art Project – One Project Closer’s The Better Half
- Hand-y Drawing
- Hands and Hearts Idea – Random Handprints
- Make a Bouquet of Flowers for Every Grandchild – To the Moon and Back
- Free Printable Mother’s Day Book – Trillium Montessori
We would love for you to share anything you make with little hands and feet on our Facebook wall! You may also enjoy browsing our Pinterest board filled with ideas for moms and grandmas.