This footprint and handprint lion craft is my favorite new Father’s Day printable we made this year (see all of our printables here). It reads, ‘My Dad is King of the Grill … and I”m Not Lion!’ We love cards and crafts that are a play on words! This one is perfect for the dads who love a good barbeque and enjoying cooking on the grill.
Printable Father’s Day Craft for the BBQ Dad
***This post contains affiliate links. Please read more about this in our disclosure policy.
How to make the footprint lion:
- Print the My Dad is King of the Grill template (see end of post).
- Make a yellow footprint in the center with the toes pointed down.
- Paint just the fingers (not including the thumb) with orange or brown paint.
- Press them down around the heel of the foot to create the lion’s mane. Repaint the fingers as needed.
- Paint a yellow tail.
- Make an orange/brown thumbprint at the end of the tail.
- Draw on the lion’s face when dry and add googly eyes.
How to make a handprint lion:
- Paint just palm yellow then make a print in the middle of the page.
- Make fingerprint ears.
- Let dry.
- Paint the fingers orange.
- Make prints around the yellow palm print creating the mane. Repaint as needed.
- Let Dry.
- Draw the lion’s face with a marker.
- Optional: Use a marker to make a line around the main and color in the white spaces.
Print it here → My Dad is King of the Grill Father’s Day Template
***By downloading/printing either of these templates you are agreeing to the TOU stated below***
This printable template is for personal use only. Commercial use, hosting the file somewhere other than this blog, or altering it’s contents is strictly prohibited. When sharing this craft, please link to this post. Linking directly to the PDF is not allowed. You may make multiple copies for use in your classroom. Thank you!
Published: Jun 6, 2014
Updated: June 14, 2017
Big Brother: 6 yrs old, Little Sister: 3 yrs old
We love it when my hubby grills out. Our favorite is the carne asada that he makes with grilled onions – yum! What’s your favorite food cooked on the grill?