Use your child’s handprint to make this darling Christmas tree hand impression keepsake. This salt dough Christmas tree plaque makes a festive decoration during the holidays or as a gift for loved ones!
DIY Christmas Tree Hand Impression Keepsake
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- rolling pin
- wax paper
- craft paints (I used acrylic)
Salt Dough Christmas Tree Tutorial
1. Combine flour, salt and water to form the dough. Sprinkle some flour on the wax paper and roll out to approximately 1/2 inch thickness.
2. Help your child create a handprint in the dough while keeping their fingers together.
3. Place on a cookie sheet and bake on low, 200° for about an hour.
See also: Footprint Christmas Tree Craft
4. When dry, paint the entire surface white, then paint the hand green and allow it to dry.
5. Using red paint, draw on the garland. I tried using puffy paint for this step but it pooled in the dips of the handprint and looked messy, but it worked fine for the star and lights.
Another cute keepsake idea are these colorful Christmas photo ornaments.
Do you have someone in mind that would love receiving a salt dough Christmas tree plaque? Handmade gifts are always a big hit with grandparents!