This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
By now most kids have started the new school year or will be soon. As a parent, you probably already know the importance of having the kids eat a good breakfast to begin their day right and give them the energy that they need. Even if they tell you that they are not hungry or you feel like there is not enough time, you should always at least try especially since they just went the entire night without eating. Here are just a few reasons why having a good Back to School breakfast is an essential way to begin their day:
- It gets their metabolism going therefore burning more calories. With the growing problem of obesity in children, this would be a great way to help keep the weight off.
- Skipping breakfast often results in lack of concentration and energy to play.
- Skipping this meals also can result in overeating later in the day.
- Kids who eat in the morning tend to be healthier and have fewer absences from school.
- You are establishing healthy eating habits now which will hopefully result in helping them continue to have for the rest of their lives.
A healthy breakfast should include a good source of protein, calcium, and lots of fiber. Cereal with milk is a fast way to get these nutrients and requires little effort on your part – especially great for families whose mornings are hectic or a day that you are running late.
More tips for getting your children to eat in the morning:
- Send the cereal in a small baggie for them to eat on the way to school.
- Add fruit for a more balanced meal.
- Sit down and eat together as a family if time allows.
- Parents can set a good example by eating breakfast everyday.
- Get into a daily routine that has everyone waking up early enough to allow time to eat.
- Let them go shopping with you and pick out cereals, fruits, and yogurts that they like.