I love the way these handprint mittens turned out! Not only is it a fun craft, it also makes a cute decoration. And they are easy to make too! *Originally published on 12/13/2010 and updated on 12/16/2018.
How To Make These Adorable Handprint Mittens
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Choose the color(s) of construction paper and paint you'd like to use. Paint both hands, rubbing them together to assure all areas are covered. Press onto the paper making two handprints.
2. Once it has finished drying, draw a mitten outline around the handprints and them cut out.
3. Cut two rectangle shapes the same width as the bottom of the mittens and glue in place.
4. Paint glue around the edged and sprinkle with glitter. Instead you could use glitter glue, but I like the look of the regular glitter better because it coats more rather than being spaced out/see-through with the glitter glue.
5. Write the name and year on the paper rectangles. Let dry.
6. Optional: Place them through a lamintor to preserve them for years to come and make them sturdy enough to be played with by the child.