Are you ready for the Olympics? We made a Handprint Olympic Torch in honor of this spectacular event. This is an easy craft to make with kids of all different ages!
Here’s how to make the Olympic Torch Cardboard Tube Craft:
- I gave my preschool-aged son and his buddy a paper plate with blobs of orange, red, & yellow paint. They swirled the paint around to give it a marble effect.
- Then, they made 3 handprints each on a sheet of yellow construction paper. These make the flames for the the Olympic Torch.
- When the paint dried, we cut around each of the handprints.
- Next, I gave the boys brown construction paper to glue on to a paper towel tube. Tan or a gold color would also work.
- They decorated them with gold glitter glue pens.
- Lastly, we taped the handprints to the top.
We hope you enjoyed our handprint Olympic torch craft tutorial!