Have you started making Halloween craft projects yet? We tend to go overboard with this fun theme so the kids and I have been busy making spooky decorations and decor and other creative ideas. In this post, you will find ten DIY Halloween projects made with kids handprints and footprints.
Kids Halloween Project Ideas
Below are spooky cute project ideas and DIYs to help inspire you for the upcoming holiday. They make BOO-tiful decorations, fridge-worthy art, and wonderful keepsakes to look back on when they are older.
1. DIY Keepsake Pumpkin Ideas - These 2 painted pumpkin ideas are perfect for toddlers and preschoolers.
2. Handprint Frankenstein by Pinkie for Pink - There are a handful of super cute Halloween art projects in this post including witches and candy corn.
3. Palm Print Pumpkin - Kids can leave this plain or turn it into a spooky jack-o-lantern.
4. Black Cat Sign Craft - Kids can make a black cat using their hand and then write, "Scaredy Cats Welcome" to create a fun Halloween sign.
→ If you have a preschooler or kindergartener at home, you may enjoy these monster science and math activities.
Cute DIY Halloween Projects
5. Halloween Footprint Ghost Sign by Where the Smiles Have Been - This features a cute play on the "Trick or Treat, Smell My Feet" saying.
6. 3D Handprint Spider Plaster Keepsake by Fun at Home with Kids - This unique Halloween project is made with a homemade playdough recipe to create the mold and then filled with plaster.
7. Thumbprint Pumpkin Patch Card by Make & Takes - Simple, yet sweet card idea for kids to make and give this October.
8. Yarn Wrapped Mummy Craft - Great for fine motor strengthening! Younger kids can use pieces of masking tape or washi tape instead of yarn (or even glue on strips of yarn).
9. Footprint Monsters by Frogs and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails - Such a simple, cute idea that's sure to be a hit with younger children!
10. Handprint Owl Painting by My Bright Firefly - They used a creative painting process to create this cute DIY art project.
*Originally posted 10/6/2014 and updated 10/26/2021. Some of the featured images have changed (they are no longer found online/active).