Are your kids fascinated with mummies? Halloween is perfect time of the year to fill your home with all sort of cute crafts. This yarn wrapped mummy footprint craft makes an adorable kid-made Halloween decoration to display in your home this October!
Creating this yarn wrapped mummy not only makes a fun craft, but also a great prewriting activity for younger children. It helps them work on their fine motor skills, strengthening the muscles they will eventually use for writing.
How To Make The Yarn Wrapped Mummy Footprint Craft
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Have the child paint their foot with white paint. Press it down onto black cardstock to create a footprint base for the mummy.
2. Once dry, cut the footprint out.
3. Next, glue two googly eyes near the top of the heel. The heel create the mummy’s head.
4. Now it’s time to start wrapping the white yarn around the footprint cutout. Cut the yarn and tape one end to the backside of the paper footprint.
5. Wrap the yarn around the footprint until you’re happy with how your mummy looks. Make a knot on the back and secure it with glue or tape.
Turn this cute Halloween craft into a family project and make as many yarn wrapped paper mummies as there are footprints in your family!
A cute book to make along with the footprint mummy craft is, “Where’s My Mummy?” It’s a definite must read Halloween book for preschoolers, kindergartners, and first graders!
We hope you will add this yarn wrapped mummy footprint craft to your Halloween to do list!
→ More Fun Halloween Crafts