"Lots of love from your little bug!" Today we are sharing a super cute ladybug template printable to use with handprints. The handprints create moveable wings which kids are sure to love. This ladybug handprint card idea is perfect for a Mother's Day, Grandparents Day, Valentine's Day card, or anytime of the year! *Originally published 5/3/2018 and updated 5/7/2021.
Pair this free printable ladybug handprint card with this recycled tin can ladybug planter and give as a gift.
Ladybug Template and Supplies
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Construction Paper or Cardstock
- Red and Black Paint
- 2 Crafting Brads
→ Get the Printable Ladybug Template HERE.
Handprint Ladybug Card Tutorial
1. Print the free PDF template and set aside.
2. Paint the child's hand with the red paint and press onto the white construction paper, making sure you get every finger and the palm of the hand pressed down. Lift straight up in a swift motion. Repeat with the opposite hand. Set aside to dry.
3. Once dry, cut out the handprints and lay on top of the ladybug body, positioning the thumbs inward. Once positioned, use the tip of the scissors to poke a small hole at the top of the handprint and through the back of the printed PDF template.
See also: egg carton ladybug craft
5. Take a craft brad and poke it into the hole from the top so you can see the brad head from the ladybug side. Repeat with the other side. Flip over and flatten out the sides of the brad to secure.
6. Use the black paint to create ladybug spots on the red hand prints. You could do this with a paintbrush, fingerprints, q-tips, and so on. Let dry.
The handprint ladybug can now flap its wings into Mother's heart. So sweet ♥
→See the moveable wings in action here!
More Ladybug Printing Crafts for Kids
For another cute ladybug craft idea, check out our ladybug footprint or these carrot stamped ladybugs. If you are looking for another cute ladybug template printable, your kids might enjoy this printable fingerprint ladybug counting activity.