Hello Everyone over here at Fun Handprint Art! Amanda so kindly asked if I would write a guest post for you all. Of course, I had to say YES! What Mama isn't obsessed with handprint and footprint projects?! Today, I am going to show you how to create a handprint gingerbread house craft that can be used as a placemat for the holiday season.
My name is Bobbi Camacho and I can be found over at Casa Camacho. Our blog is filled with things that we do within our family as well as things that this Mama does on her own to keep sane. My crafts are always simple. I'm not an expert at scrapbooking, sewing, knitting, baking, painting.... I am just a Mom who LOVES to create things with my family.
Gingerbread House Craft Supplies
- 12X18 Construction Paper For Background
- Brown and Green Construction Paper
- White Paint
- Candy Stickers
Christmas Handprint Placemat Instructions
1. Cut a brown piece of construction paper to resemble a Gingerbread House and glue down on the background paper.
2. Cut a pine tree out of the green construction paper and glue on the background paper.
3. Put white paint onto your child's hand. Use the full hand, thumbprints or fingers to create icicles. They put them on top of the gingerbread house and on the pine tree. Some of my kids, even put Snow in the air and built a Snowman.
4. When the paint dries, add candy stickers onto the placemat to make it resemble a gingerbread house. If they choose to use markers, they can create their masterpieces during this step as well.
5. When they are all finished, laminate them to make heavy duty placemats for the holidays! They will easily wipe off so you can reuse them.
The handprint gingerbread house placemats are so festive on the kitchen table!
Thank you so much Amanda for letting me Guest Post today! - Bobbi
For more festive crafts, check out our Christmas crafts category.
* This Gingerbread House Craft post was originally published on 12/19/2011 and updated on 12/22/2021.