Do your kids love the Trolls World Tour movie? Then they will love this handprint Trolls craft! Below you will find a Queen Poppy and Queen Barb coloring template you can print. In this post, I will be sharing how we made a Queen Poppy handprint craft using the coloring template. *As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Supplies and Printable Trolls Template
- White cardstock
- Small piece of green and teal paper
→Print the template HERE.
*There are 2 templates including one to make Queen Barb, the rocker movie character. See how to make Queen Barb here. (will update with link)
Trolls Handprint Poppy Craft Instructions
1. Print the Queen Poppy and Queen Barb template and then cut down the center line.
2. Color the body of the troll template.
3. Next, paint the three middle fingers with a darker pink plus go down along the edges of the palm to create her bangs. Take a lighter pink and paint the palm of the hand as well as the thumb and pinky finger.
4. Press the hand down to make a print above the body on the template. The fingers should be pointing up with the bottom of the palm touching the top of the dress.
5. Wait for the paint to dry then create the face. Glue on some googly eyes and draw on a pink nose and smile. You can even add eyelashes.
6. For Queen Poppy’s headband, take a piece of green paper and cut out a crown shape. Use the blue paper to make a flower. Glue the flower to the center of the crown and embellish it a little more with some drawn on flowers. Finally glue the crown on Poppy’s head.
Trolls Birthday Party Activity
This handprint Poppy craft would be fun for a Trolls birthday party activity. To make it easier, you could precut the headbands and use flower stickers. Then set up the markers, glue, headband supplies, and googly eyes in separate containers. Have the paint in a couple of dishes with paintbrushes. You can cover these with plastic wrap until you are ready to paint. When creating with a group of kids, I like to have wipes on hand for easily cleaning up messes.
Another idea that doesn't use paint is to have the kids draw the faces on - either their own design or by tracing their hand. They could also use yarn pieces for hair, add sequins, and so on.
If you enjoyed this Poppy handprint craft, don't forget to check out the Queen Barb craft post! (link coming soon) For another cute party craft idea, check out these easy Poppy paper crowns. If you haven't seen the movie yet, my kids loved it. You can find out more about the movie here: Trolls World Tour.