We love rainbows around here! They’re so pretty. I never imagined that there were so many ways to make a handprint rainbow. Here are 10 different ways to make one that make fun crafts for Spring or St Patrick’s Day. Some even incorporate learning colors into it! Plus, we’ve collaborated with about a dozen other kid bloggers to bring you even more rainbow and St Patrick’s Day ‘Top 10’ lists. We would love for you to check those out at the end of this post.
Top 10 Ways to make a Handprint Rainbow
Use fingerprints with an easy-to-make template that’s color coded. This means even the younger preschoolers can have fun making it by themselves! We also made this one without a template and includes fingerprint shamrocks.
Last year, we made on with one handprint for each of the colors. There’s also a handprint leprechaun on it!
Earlier this year, we made another one that’s great for preschoolers as part of an alphabet handprint series over on Crystal & Co. My daughter practiced drawing curved lines and made clouds with her hands.
One of my favorites that I pops up every year is this pot ‘o gold one from B-inspired Mama. It’s a huge hit on Pinterest so you will have to head over to see what all the oohing is about!
Another one that makes me smile every year is this adorable fingerprint rainbow that Amy from Classified Mom made by incorporating her kids photos into the art.
Nuturestore has a different way to make one that is fingerpainted. Plus she has a suggestion to put a rainbow in your tummy….tee, hee!
The Kinder Wife’s students collaborated on a St Patrick’s Day door decoration for the classroom.
Here’s one from 3Dinosaurs that’s a bit trickier to make but looks awesome when finished!
I adore this rainbow plaque shared by Plaid. It’s sure to brighten the home!
Bonus: Rainbows within Reach visits many schools across the country every year. Here is a fun collaborated rainbow of hands from one of those schools. Crafty Morning shared a beautiful fingerprint pot o’ gold craft that uses glitter.
Twelve fun ways to make a cheerful craft with kids! Want to know the craziest part? There’s even more ways to make one besides the ones I’ve included!
More St Patrick’s Day and Rainbow Activities from kids
- Top 10 Rainbow Ideas for St Patricks Day from Powerful Mothering
- Top 10 Creative Snack Ideas for St Patrick’s Day from Artsy Momma
- Top 10 St Patrick’s Day Ideas for Toddlers from Adventures of Adam
- Top 10 Rainbow Science Activities from Preschool Powol Packets
- Top 10 Preschool Activities for St. Patrick’s Day from Bare Feet on the Dashboard
- Top 10 St Patrick’s Day Science Ideas for Kids from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Top 10 Rainbow Art Ideas for Kids from Messy Little Monster
- Top 10 Rainbow Fine Motor Ideas from Still Playing School
- Top 10 Shamrock Crafts from Multicraftingmummy
- Top 10 Rainbow Busy Bags for Preschool from Something 2 Offer
- Top 10 Rainbow Learning Activities for Preschoolers from Mom Inspired Life
- Top 10 Seed Starting Activities from Nemcsok Farms
- Top 10 St. Patrick’s Day Printables from The Pleasantest Thing