We love rainbows around here! They're so pretty. I never imagined that there were so many ways to make a handprint rainbow. In this post, we are sharing more than 10 different ways to make rainbow crafts using handprints. They are fun for toddler, preschool, and kindergarten ages!
Plus, we've collaborated with about a dozen other kid bloggers to bring you even more rainbow and St Patrick's Day 'Top 10' lists. We would love for you to check those out at the end of this post!
These creative rainbow craft ideas can be made for Spring, St Patrick's Day, or colors of a rainbow theme. Some even incorporate learning colors into it!
Fun Ways to Make Handprint Rainbows for Spring
1. A cute keepsake idea that also can be hung up on the wall year after year is this rainbow handprint painting on canvas. Great for all ages!
2. Here's one from 3Dinosaurs that's a bit trickier to make, but looks awesome when finished! See another version of this craft here.
3. Earlier this year, we made another rainbow craft that's great for preschoolers as part of an alphabet handprint series over on Crystal & Co. My daughter practiced drawing curved lines and made clouds with her hands.
4. For a unique idea, check out this rainbow hand silhouette craft from Pint-sized Treasures. You will love how simple it is to create!
5. This Spring rainbow bulletin board handprint project is amazing! Make it in the classroom or have siblings create one together at home.
6. Rainbows within Reach visits many schools across the country every year. Here is a fun collaborated rainbow of hands from one of those schools.
Cool Rainbow Craft Ideas For St. Patrick's Day
7. Use fingerprints to create rainbow artwork that also includes fingerprint shamrocks. This St Patrick's Day craft is perfect for preschoolers and kindergartners.
8. One of my favorites that I pops up every year is this pot 'o gold one from B-inspired Mama. It's a huge hit on Pinterest so you will have to head over to see what all the oohing is about!
9. I adore this rainbow plaque shared by Plaid. It's sure to brighten the home!
10. Last year, we made a St Patrick's Day rainbow with one handprint for each of the colors. There's also a handprint leprechaun on it!
11. The Kinder Wife's students collaborated on a St Patrick's Day door decoration for the classroom.
12. Crafty Morning shared a beautiful fingerprint pot o' gold craft that uses glitter.
Twelve fun ways to make a cheerful rainbow handprint craft with kids! Want to know the craziest part? There's even more ways to make handprint rainbows besides the ones I've included!
More St. Patrick's Day and Rainbow Activity Lists
- Rainbow Ideas for St Patricks Day from Powerful Mothering
- Creative Snack Ideas for St Patrick's Day from Artsy Momma
- St Patrick’s Day Ideas for Toddlers from Adventures of Adam
- Rainbow Science Activities from Preschool Powol Packets
- Preschool Activities for St. Patrick’s Day from Bare Feet on the Dashboard
- St Patrick’s Day Science Ideas for Kids from Little Bins for Little Hands
- Rainbow Art Ideas for Kids from Messy Little Monster
- Rainbow Fine Motor Ideas from Still Playing School
- Rainbow Learning Activities for Preschoolers from Mom Inspired Life
- Seed Starting Activities from Nemcsok Farms
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables from The Pleasantest Thing
- Rainbow Busy Bags for Preschool from Something 2 Offer
*This handprint rainbow post was originally published on 2/20/2015 and updated on 3/2/2019. Some of the links and featured crafts may have been changed (usually because the blog/website no longer exists).
I look for any and every opportunity to paint my litte one's hands and feet! LOVE these!