Do you make ornaments with the kids every year? We love to make keepsake ornaments made with handprints! It's such a precious way to preserve those holiday memories. My little ones love to look at their past ornaments every year and compare sizes and see how much bigger their hands are.
Salt dough ornaments and clay are popular ways to make them. You can also use cardstock, felt, ball ornaments, craft foam, or even construction paper. Below are 10 different ornaments including snowmen, doves, mittens, holly, Santa, reindeer, and more!
DIY Keepsake Ornaments made with Handprints
- DIY Salt Dough Dove Ornament - I love how the mom painted the hand impression to really make it stand out.
- Baby's 1st Christmas Clay Hand Impression - Precious ornament keepsake from my favorite Etsy shop.
- DIY Handprint Snowman Ornament - The first ornament I ever made with my son....aww!
- Two Turtle Doves Craft Ornament - Such a clever idea and easy-to-make!
- DIY Handprint Holly Ornament - too cute!
- Reindeer Ornament that's made using cardstock.
- Santa Salt Dough Ornament - WooHoo! These little guys are a huge hit on social media! (see her footprint reindeer ornaments here)
- Mitten Ornaments - Kids will love decorating their own little mitten to hang on the tree!
- Sparkly Baking Soda Clay Hand Impression - Such a pretty way to dress up a plain, white ornament.
- Easy Reindeer Craft Ornament - Part of a collaborative series that includes 50+ kid-made ornaments
Besides these DIY keepsake ornaments made with handprints, here are 16 more keepsake ornaments that you might enjoy!