Earth Day is celebrated around the world on April 22. It's a great time to talk with children about the importance of taking care of the Earth, recycling, natural resources, and ways to preserve our planet. Make learning about these important topics fun with these Earth Day handprint crafts for kids.
Fun Collection of Earth Day Handprint Crafts
- Fingerprint Tree Shirt + 4 more ideas - She Knows
- Puffy Paint Paper Plate Earth Story + Art - A Mommy's Adventures
- Helping Hands with free printable - Free Kids Crafts
- Painted Hand Earth Idea - Glued to My Crafts
- Hand-y I Love the Earth Craft and free printable - Teacher Bits and Bobs
- Protect the Earth Crafts - Teach Them to Fly
- We've got the Whole World in our Hands collaborative craft - The First Grade Parade
- We've Got the Whole World in Our Hands individual art - Mrs. T's First Grade Class
- Handprint Earth and Poem - Share & Remember
- Promise to the Earth Hand Print Craft - The Applicious Teacher
- The Earth is in My Hands Activity and Craft - Boy Mama Teacher Mama
Celebrate Earth Day with Handprint Art! - We posted this fun collection last year.
Tissue Paper Earth Hand Craft
My so made this tissue paper Earth Day craft when he was in preschool. I love how simple and cute it is!
Have them trace a circular shape to use as the Earth Template. Then have them paint glue inside the circle. Take pieces of cut up blue and green tissue paper and stick them to the glue.
Trace hands onto construction paper and cut out. Glue on so it looks like the hands are holding up the Earth.
What ways do you teach kids about caring for our planet?
This Earth Day Handprint Crafts post was originally published on 3/21/14 and updated on 4/21/18.
See more Earth Day Crafts:
[ess_grid alias="earth day crafts"][/ess_grid]