We made a footprint black cat craft as a cute Halloween craft and keepsake for both kids. This one is my daughter’s with an absolutely adorable Halloween poem written on it.
How to make the Footprint Black Cat Craft:
- Paint a yellow moon shape in the background. Let dry.
- Next, paint the child’s foot with black and make a footprint on top of the dried yellow paint with the toes at the bottom edge of the moon shape.
- Paint on black cat ears and a tail.
- Glue on small googly eyes on the top of the footprint (the heel is the cat’s head).
- When it dries, use pink paint with a fine tipped paintbrush to add on a nose and the pink part of the ears. Then use white paint to draw on the mouth, whiskers, and claws.
Kids Halloween Poem Idea:
I wrote a cute Halloween poem across the bottom of the page:
When witches go riding,
& black cats are seen,
the moon whispers softly,
‘Tis near Halloween!
We hope you enjoyed our footprint black cat craft idea!