Footprint leprechaun & fingerprint pot o' gold made by my 4 yr old
How to make the footprint leprechaun craft:
- Set out orange, peach, & green paint along with 3 paintbrushes. I made the peach by adding a little brown to white paint.
- Paint the child's foot starting at the heel. Use peach to paint an area that will make the face area (see the 1st and 2nd photo above- just so there is enough room to add eyes & a nose later).
- Using orange, paint an area under the peach in the shape of a beard.
- Paint the remaining area with green paint.
- Press the foot on to paper.
- While it dries, cut a leprechaun hat, a black pot, & a black strip for the hat.
- When it finishes drying, have the child glue the hat on and the black pot. Have them also glue the black strip on to the hat.
- Using yellow or gold paint, have the children make fingerprint (or thumbprint) gold coins and one on the hat.
- They also drew on green eyes, a black nose, and a red mouth. I also drew a black circle inside the yellow footprint on the hat (see the first 2 photos above).
- I also decided to add a little white triangle shirt and green bow tie to ours (see photos above).
Cute things to add:
One of the moms suggested to her daughter that she could draw a rainbow on her artwork when they got home. My son drew a rainbow on his - he loves telling me which color comes next!
On my daughter's, I printed this cute St Patrick's Day saying.
We also added a thumbprint 4 leaf clover to ours.
Leprechaun craft made by 4-5 yr olds
How to make wee Leprechaun Footprints:
- Have the child make a fist.
- Paint the side of the hand closest to the pinkie with green paint.
- Stamp on to paper. We did a trail of footprints so stamp as many as you wish.
- Repeat with the other hand.
- Make 5 fingerprints above each to create toes.
- Repeat with all the footprints.
See all of our St Patrick's Day handprint crafts here!
[ess_grid alias="st patricks day"][/ess_grid]