Looking for a cute and easy elf craft to make with preschoolers? This handprint elf paper craft idea is perfect to make this December!
Elves add to the magic of Christmas and are known for being Santa’s Little Helpers. They are known for making toys and helping Santa with the naughty or nice list. Read on to see how to make cute paper elf handprint keepsakes to celebrate these magical creatures.
Related: Elf on the Shelf Footprint Craft
Paper Elf Craft Supplies
- Construction Paper or Cardstock
- Googly Eyes
- Black/Red Marker
Elf Handprint Craft Instructions
1. To begin making the paper elf, have the child trace their hand on green cardstock and then cut it out (their fingers should be touching each other). Use the cut hand shape to trace the hand again, this time on skin colored cardstock. Now, flip the green hand template over and trace only the thumb again. The two thumbs will become the elf’s ears.
2. Next, cut the fingers off from the green hand shape. Do this by cutting from where the thumb meets the index finger and snipping across the hand. Match this green piece to the fingers on the skin colored hand shape and glue in place. This creates the elf’s hat.
3. Pop on some googly eyes and draw on a smile. Cut a white circle shape for the top of the hat and a red circle for the nose. You could even add some cute, rosy cheeks.
4. Finish the handprint elf craft by cutting a zigzag collar shape from red paper and gluing it at the bottom of the palm.
Now your handprint elves are finished!
This cute handprint elf craft idea is perfect for any Christmas theme or even an entire elf themed day! You could watch the popular Elf movie (affiliate link) and then make these easy paper elves along with this footprint elf puppet idea.