We LOVE Valentine's Day crafts! They're just too sweet and there are so many cute sayings to pair the crafts and cards with. In this post we are sharing a Valentine's Day salt dough keepsake with "Tiny Toes Big Heart" written on it. Add little footprints and either display it in the home or give it as a gift! *This post was originally published on 1/9/2016 and updated on 1/11/2020.
Salt Dough Heart Keepsake for Valentine's Day
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Make the salt dough according to the recipe.
2. Roll the dough out into a circle or rough "heart" shape.
3. Press the left foot down, heel at the bottom and toes pointing up and slightly out to the left. Lift up.
4. Next, press the right foot down , heel at the bottom and toes pointing slightly up to the right. Lift.
5. Using a butter knife, trim the excess dough out from around the feet and into a "heart" shape.
6. Tip - use a little water on your finger to smooth the edges or any cracks!
7. Place the heart onto parchment paper and bake in a 250 degree oven for at least 3 hours.
8. Dough will dry out and harden, allow to cool completely before painting.
9. Paint your heart as desired and add a cute saying if you'd like!
→ See our Valentine's Day Crafts category for more ideas!
Salt Dough Valentine Crafts
- Heart Ornaments by The Best Ideas for Kids
- Conversation Hearts DIY Decorations by Pint-sized Treasures
- Salt Dough and Perler Bead Hanging Hearts by Meaningful Mama