With Father’s Day approaching, you’re surely looking for lovely gift ideas for dad and grandpa. In this post, you can find 14 easy handprint and footprint Father’s Day art and craft ideas for your kids. For some of them, all you will need are paper, paint and your child’s hand or foot which makes them a perfect last minute Father’s Day gift!
Handprint and Footprint Father’s Day Art and Craft Ideas for Kids to Make
Please note that this post was originally published on 6/14/2012 and updated on 5/23/18. Some of the featured crafts are no longer ‘found’ or have been removed from the website they were published on. We have updated these with new, relevant ideas.
*We may earn commission on items purchased through the use of product referral links.
Father’s Day Handprint Crafts
We love handprint crafts for kids because they are cute, quick and in most cases, simple for both kids and adults alike. Following handprint and fingerprint Father’s Day crafts can be created with kids as young as babies up to school age and some of them are even perfect for siblings to make together!
1. Printable Father’s Day Tie with fingerprint polka dots or color in with markers or paint.
2. For dads who like fishing, we have an adorable DIY Nemo Handprint Plaque Tutorial!
3. Hooked On You Dad! handprint craft is o-fish-ally one of the cutest Father’s Day handprint art projects we’ve seen in a while!
4. I’m As Lucky As Can Be Plaque for Dad is a perfect handprint art project for Father’s Day when it comes to siblings making it together for their daddy. And the message is just so lovely!
5. Dad’s Hunting Buddies – Cute for the dads who go hunting!
6. Coffee or tea loving fathers and grandfathers will cherish this Fingerprint Daddy & Me Mug they receive from their child / grandchild!
7. Father’s Day Accordion Card is a lovely handprint card to make for dad or grandpa when you have 2 or more kids!
8. If you’re looking for more practical gift for Father’s Day, this Key Hook for Dad with your child’s handprint is something the will cherish for years to come!
9. Do you know ‘Guess How Much I love You‘ book by Sam McBratney? You can read this book for an inspiration and then engage kids to create their own ‘Guess How Much I love You’ Craft with a loving message for their dad!
Footprint Gifts for Dad
Next, we have several footprint projects for Father’s Day to make with your kids connected with a number of favorite hobbies and themes. Incase your children prefer not to use paint on their feet, you can trace it with pencil or pen and let them color it by themselves.
10. For kids who would love to be just like their dad when they grow up Following in your Footsteps Father’s Day Card will make a wonderful keepsake dad will treasure for years to come!
11. Footprint Motorcycle Keepsake is a creative footprint art project for older kids to make for Father’s Day or for you to create with your toddler’s little foot.
12. For dads and grandpas who enjoy hunting, this footprint Daddy’s Hunting Buddy given on Father’s Day will surely tell them another hunter is being born to family!
13. Walk with me Daddy poem is a touching Father’s day keepsake created using child’s footprints. (source unknown)
14. Tractor Card Idea comes with a free printable where you simply add child’s footprint and personalised message for best dad on Father’s Day!
As you can see, we gathered a variety of awesome Father’s day arts and crafts using children’s handprints, fingerprints or footprints. You can find a perfect match for Father’s Day gift for both dad and grandpa to match their hobbies and interests, from fishing and hunting to riding motorcycle! Check out this huge list of Father’s Day books for kids to read with their dads and grandpas.
More Crafts, Cards, and Gifts for Father’s Day