My son always wants to be just like his Papa (Dad) so I thought this Following in Daddy's footsteps craft would be exciting for my son to make as a Father's Day card and keepsake. *NEW* We have updated this post to include an fun father and son craft made with shoe prints and printable sayings. The printable sayings for dad can be used with both the daddy and me footprint craft or father and child shoe print craft.
*This post was originally published 6/6/2012 an updated on 6/18/2020.
Father and Son Craft with Shoe Prints
This can be made with daughters too! You could also place your child's footprint inside dad's shoe print. *As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Printable PDF Template
- Construction Paper & Printer Paper
- Kids Paint
- Dad's Shoe
- Child's Shoe
*Use jumbo construction paper if needed. This is also a heavyweight construction paper which is what I prefer for crafts I intend to keep forever.
Take one of the father's shoes and paint the bottom. Press onto the construction paper on a slight angle. Let dry.
Next, paint either the child's shoe or foot and make a print inside the dad's shoe print. Let dry.
Cut out the printable dad sayings you with to use and glue on around the shoe prints. Now it makes a cute card or gift to give for Father's Day that dads can look on year after year.
Daddy and Me Footprint Card and Keepsake
- Have the child paint the Father's foot or paint for them if the child is too young.
- Go over any spots they may have missed- we want to make sure it's a well-formed footprint.
- Have Daddy make a footprint on a jumbo sheet of construction paper.
- After it dries, have the child make a footprint in a different color. My little guy chose yellow because it is one of his 2 favorite colors.
- Older children can handwrite a personalized note to Dad. See below for what we wrote in ours.
- Have the child sign their name.
- Write the year and age.
Printable Father’s Day Footsteps and Thank You Note
*There are printable sayings for Dad, Grandpa, Papa, and a blank on to customize.
Following in your footsteps....
I want to grow up to be just like you.
Thank you for being the best Dad in the whole world!
More Crafts To Make Dads for Father's Day
- “Walk a Little Slower Daddy” Craft From Child
- Handprint Fish Father's Day Card
- Father's Day Ideas on Pinterest.... Grandpa too!
- Father's Day Crafts archive
Carla at Preschool Powol Packets says
This is adorable! I totally love it! I'm going to feature it on my PreschoolPowolPackets Facebook page--thanks for sharing it on Teach Me Tuesday!!
Thanks Carla 🙂
maggy, red ted art says
How very very lovely! Absolutely adorable and a wonderful keepsake. Maggy