Wanting to create unique family keepsake to hang up as decor but you’re not the crafty type? This family fingerprint tree keepsake is simple to make, takes hardly any time and you can personalize it however you’d like. It may even trick your guests into thinking you’re the craftiest mom on the block….tee, hee!
How to make the Family Fingerprint Tree Keepsake
*This post contains affiliate links. Find out more here.
- poster board, construction paper, or canvas
- non-toxic tempera paint
- paper plate
- A bunch of cute little fingers to print!
Check out this Handprint Family Tree Digital Wall Art!
Love Grows Here Tree Instructions:
1. To create the tree’s base, paint brown onto the hand and forearm of your chosen family member.
2. Press down onto the poster board (we found that the wrist will not print and that is ok!). Allow to dry.
3. Choose different colors of paints to use for the fingerprint leaves . Squeeze a drop of paint in each color onto the paper plate.
4. Have each family member dip their fingers on each color, using a different color for each fingertip
5. Press the fingertip onto the poster board, around the branches (handprint) and across the bottom.
6. Have fun placing fingerprints all over the tree until each person has included their prints!
7. Write ‘Love Grows Here’ or another short saying/poem. You could also write, ‘The *last name* Family’ or anything else you think is fitting.
8. Frame to preserve if you’d like and display it as unique decor for the home.
Variation: Chose a different color for each family member to use. Each color represents a different family member!
→ Find more Autumn Craft Activities for kids.