Isn't this footprint monkey craft adorable? He's standing next to a fingerprint palm tree at the beach. This footprint craft is suitable for toddlers and older, but it could easily be made with a baby's footprint too. It would be perfect for a jungle themed nursery!
How to Make the Footprint Monkey Craft
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
- Paint the foot with brown paint. Make a footprint on a sheet of construction paper.
- Make a thumbprint ear on each side of the heel.
- Paint on a tail. Let dry.
- After it's dry, use tan paint to make the monkey's tummy and face.
- Make eyes using white paint and fingerprints.
- Draw or paint on facial features. It would also look cute with googly eyes.
See more Handprint Animals here!
How to make the Fingerprint Palm Tree
- Paint a sandy beach at the bottom of the page.
- Have the child dip their finger or thumb into the brown paint. Make the trunk of the tree using as many fingerprints as you'd like.
- Use green paint on the fingertips to make the palm tree leaves.
*Originally published July 13th, 2011
Updated June 2017
Big Brother, 3 years old
Pair this adorable footprint monkey craft with a matching handprint monkey!