I am in love with how this Footprint Penguin Canvas Keepsake turned out!
Footprint Penguin Canvas Keepsake
My son has a black, white, & red penguin-themed bedroom and this is proudly displayed on the wall in there. The other week, he took the footprint penguin plate keepsake I made when he was 2 yrs old off of the shelf it was on and broke it by accident. It was one of my favorite crafts ever that I made with him & I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad when it broke. Now I have a super cute replacement!
1. We used a canvas for ours (purchased from Michael's with a 40-50% off coupon), but you could just use regular paper. My 4 yr old painted the canvas blue.
2. I gave him a paper towel & he blotted the painted canvas. This was to give it a fun texture & get rid of the brush strokes.
3. I made black footprints with his feet and his 12 month old sister.
4. Using foam stickers that I already had on hand, I laid out the phrase "Let it snow" for him to stick on along with sparkly snowflake stickers.
5. Using our homemade snowflake stamp from the other day, he stamped on white snowflakes.
6. I painted white tummies on each penguin.
7. Glue on googly eyes or paint on eyes.
8. Paint on scarves, hats, beaks, earmuffs, etc.
Your son's canvas art is beautiful. I did paper foot and handprint penquins with my preschool class last year. I really like this.
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this idea!!! Thanks for sharing!! kellyjoskreations
Thank you both so much for your kind words 🙂
Crafty Mischief says
I LOVE the penguins! So cute!
Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things says
I would be proudly displaying this in my child's bedroom too, it is soooo adorable! I love the painted on scarfs and hats. It gives it such a perfect touch!
What a great idea! So cute and it enabled your son to do so much of it. Awesome craft!
Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) says
Oh WOW this is waaaay cute! LOVE it!!! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a GREAT week, Beth =-)
Oh, How Happy We Are says
So stinking cute. I'm pinning this.
Thanks everyone & thanks for pinning 🙂
So cute! Thanks for sharing this keepsake!
Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas says
Adorable! We made some of these last year & they turned out so cute - love how you did a whole scene! I shared on Facebook & Twitter. Thanks for sharing your fun idea on the Sunday Showcase!
What an adorable idea! Will have to try it.
Carla at Preschool Powol Packets says
This is just fabulous! I seriously love it! I'm going to share it on Facebook right now! I can't wait to do it with my kiddos!
Thank you so much for sharing it on FB Carla!
Your son's canvas art is pretty special. Love the footprint art, and the white tummies on the penguins. Really so adorable Thanks for sharing all your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best! PS - now following you.
I just wanted to let you know I featured you on Blissful and Domestic today. Stop by and Grab a button!
Soo cute! I love the penguins!! Did you see the one I did with snowmen last year for Christmas?