Here’s a fun reindeer paper craft for kids that’s easy to make and can be used many different ways. You can use this classic Christmas craft as a festive decoration, stick puppet, paper ornament, or as a Christmas keepsake. This hand shaped reindeer idea can also be used on a handmade card or even as part of a Christmas banner.
Easy Paper Reindeer Craft Idea
- googly eye
1. First, trace the child’s hand on brown cardstock and cut out. Place in front of your so the fingers are pointed down.
2. Next, color antler shapes and cut them out. Glue them to the thumb.
3. Add a red circle for the nose and finish the face area with a small googly eye.
4. Use a marker to draw on a smile and black reindeer hooves.
5. Finish the reindeer by cutting a small rectangle collar. Glue it to the area where the thumb and palm meet and embellish it with a few drawn on dots.
The reindeer paper craft is complete! Check out this paper elf craft also made from hand shape for another cute Christmas craft idea.
Picture Books About Reindeer
Pair one of these Christmas books with your paper reindeer craft! *As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
The Wild Christmas Reindeer – We love Jan Brett books! While we haven’t read this one yet, I’m sure it’s just as amazing and heart-warming as her others.
Last Stop on the Reindeer Express – “The magic of Christmas is found on every page of this imaginative holiday picture book, with doors that open into the next page, peek-through holes, and even a card to open and read! A fun Christmas experience for children to treasure.” We received a review copy of this book and the die cuts and flaps that lift are so fun! It’s a great book for kids who don’t get to spend the Christmas with the whole family.
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: The Classic Story – (Deluxe 50th-Anniversary Edition) The complete story from the classic TV show is a MUST read for Christmas!