Let's make a fun Summer footprint craft that doubles as a keepsake - flip flops from prints of the kids little feet! We included an adorable poem on ours to make it extra sweet. This would be a perfect way to preserve Summer vacation memories or if you visited the beach. Add a photo for even more keepsake fun.
Kids will love designing their own 3D flip flops!
Flip Flops Footprint Summer Craft Instructions:
- First, I dabbed 3 different shades of brown with dry sponges to create sand. I painted my son's feet (any color you wish!) and pressed them on the page.
- Paint a color of choice around each foot to resemble a flip flop. Variation: Press the footprints on colored construction paper and then cut into the shape of a footprint.
- Using an exacto knife, cut slits where the ribbon is going to be placed (3 per foot).
- Cut 2 pieces of ribbon per foot (4 total). Cover the underside of the ribbon with glue and press into place. Slip the ends of the ribbon through the slits and glue to the back side of paper.
- I used a star-shaped scrapbooking brad where the ribbon met on each foot. You could also use little craft flowers or just leave it as is.
- You can then add a footprint poem, a photo, or even a sibling's footprints. I printed a cute poem and glued it to orange cardstock and a patterned scrapbook paper.
For more beach-themed craft ideas, you might enjoy making a handprint crab or hand and footprint lobster.
Are you following us on Pinterest? We love pinning!