I was so excited when my son brought home this adorable Christmas tree craft made with multiple handprints he made in his preschool class. We've already made a single handprint version as well as a footprint Christmas tree which we'd love for you to check out as well. *Originally published 12/5/2012 and updated on 12/15/18.
Preschool Christmas Tree Craft Supplies
- kids paint
- black marker
- white craft paper
- optional: puffy paint
Multiple Handprint Christmas Tree Instructions:
1. Start by painting the hand green and place an upside-down handprint in the bottom center of the paper. Be sure to leave room for a tree stump.
2. Make another handprint on each side of the first one.
3. Make two more green handprints on top of the three. Then add one handprint on top of these. Let dry.
4. Add a zig-zag line to create sting for the Christmas lights. Use a Q-tip or use fingerprints to make Christmas lights along the black lines in different colors.
5. Paint a star on top of the tree handprints. Alternatively, use star stickers.
6. Paint a brown tree stump.
Don't forget to add the child's name and date!
More Christmas Crafts For Kids
For more cute ideas like this preschool Christmas tree craft made with multiple handprints, check out these:
We made Xmas trees with one hand but lots looks a lot more effective. Thanks for sharing
Dree Getz says
I love this. I am going to do it with my daughter.
That tree is awesome! It would make a great keepsake for the holidays. I would love for you to share this on our Made by or for Kids Linky
maggy, red ted art says
Wonderful tree! Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty! Maggy