In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday, we hosted a fun Cat in the Hat Movie Playdate! One of the crafts we made was a handprint Thing 1 and Thing 2.
Each child made their own handprint and arm print Thing 1 & Thing 2.
my son's - 4 yrs old
I finished my children's design later that evening and decided to add this cute Cat in the Hat quote to it.
my daughter's - 14 months old
"Thing 1 & Thing 2,
You ask, Who is that?
They're a Seussical pair,
from the Cat in the Hat!"
Here is how to make this Thing 1 & Thing 2 handprint craft:
- Start with the left hand and paint the fingers light blue.
- Paint the palm area white.
- Paint a potion of the arm [starting at the wrist] with red paint- about 3 inches.
- Press firmly down on the left side of your paper. Have the child count to 5 and then have them lift their hand.
- Repeat but with the right hand.
- Paint the left thumb red and press to make the left arm on each Thing.
- Paint the right thumb red and make the right arms on each Thing.
- After it dries, draw on the facial features. I wrote Thing 1 & Thing 2 inside a drawn circle; I wish I would have thought of rather cutting out a small, white circle with Thing 1 (or2) written on it for the kids to glue in place.
Don't forget to check out the entire Cat in the Hat Playdate!!!
Feral Turtle says
What a cute idea. I am going to forward this post to my sister!
maggy, red ted art says
We LOVE & Things ... and these are SOOOO cute! Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty! Maggy
Thanks for forwarding it- hope she likes it 🙂
Zeynep Erdal says
Thank you so much for this great site! I preschool teacher. I have a blog related to the pre-school activities. I’II be very happy if you follow me.
Carla at Preschool Powol Packets says
Woo hoo! Yay for Thing 1 and Thing 2! I've totally been loving all the Seuss-y activities and crafts I've seen lately and this one I will have to come back to and do (definitely before next March--I can do Dr. Seuss stuff any time of the year)! 🙂 Thanks so much for sharing at Teach Me Tuesday!