I have been seeing heart-shaped butterflies on various websites and thought it would be cute to make the body with a footprint. My son always wants his feet painted so I knew it would be a fun project for him. I placed his red footprint in the center of the paper and then drew outlines for the heart-shaped wings. I painted the purple area first and left it to dry. Then, I painted the pink area and let my son shake glitter all over it. A variation would be to cut construction paper hearts in 2 colors (or however many you wish) or use glue for the glitter to stick to. I used the heart foam stickers I had to decorate the butterfly with… heart-shaped eyes, antennas, mouth, and nose!
Amanda is an ‘artsy momma’ to 2 kids who love making crafts just as much as she does. Follow their creative journey over on the blog titled Artsy Momma. Besides crafts, they share fun food ideas, hands-on learning activities, mommy DIY, + lots more! If you love handprint art, head over to their Fun Handprint Art blog where you will find hundreds of their projects all made with little hands and feet.
Looking for a specific craft idea?
- St Patrick’s Day Handprint Rainbow Canvas Art Keepsake Kids Will Enjoy Making
- Handprint Flowers in a Duck Tape Vase
- These Hands Will Hold My Heart Forever – Handprint Canvas Art Keepsake
- Handmade Heart Balloons Surprise Card Idea – Paper Crafts for Kids
- Sweet Handprint Owl Valentine’s Day Cards and Sayings