We made a footprint turkey using feathers as part of a Thanksgiving craft theme for my preschooler. We would love for you to head on over to our other blog to see the handprint turkey we also made using feathers and the counting turkey feathers learning activity we did. *This post was originally published 11/10/2014 and updated 11/14/2019.
How to make the Footprint Turkey Craft
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A few supplies you will need are kid-safe paint and a paintbrush, googly eyes, craft feathers, glitter glue sticks, glue, and scissors.
1. Make a brown footprint on a sheet of paper with the toes pointed downwards.
2. Glue on 2 googly eyes or draw/paint eyes on.
3. Paint on a beak and a red wattle. We used a red glitter glue pen for ours!
4. Glue feathers on the top and sides of the brown footprint.
5. Optional: Add a cute saying or write Happy Thanksgiving.
You may also wish to add it to a colored background paper (so it looks like it's framed). Don't forget to write their name/age/date!
What's your favorite Thanksgiving craft?
My nephew made this handprint turkey in preschool. He glued feathers over the fingers. So festive-looking!
More Thanksgiving Handprint Footprint Crafts
Below is a Mayflower craft with a printable background template and a round up of 20 different craft ideas that are perfect for making this November!