Have a little one who is obsessed with dinosaurs? Then they well love making this dinosaur handprint card idea for Father's Day! We are sharing a free printable volcano background template with the punny saying, "Dad, You Are DINO-MITE!" on it.
Printable Dinosaur Handprint Card Template and Tutorial
*We participate in affiliate programs. We may earn a small commission on items order through referral links to products. Please note that the printable template is for personal and classroom use only. Modifying it's contents and commercial use is prohibited.
- Construction Paper
- Dino-mite Dad PDF template
- Kids Paint
- Googly eyes
1. Paint the child's hand green and firmly press into the white construction paper, making sure to get all fingers and the palm. If you make a mistake, or aren't happy with the print, simply try again.
2. Repeat with the orange paint. Let dry.
3. Once dry, cut the hand prints out with scissors.
4. The hand print becomes a 'dino' when you turn it around until the fingers point down and the thumb is off to the side. The fingers are the dinosaur's legs and the thumb is it's head. Stick on one googly eye on the thumb of each handprint.
5. Use a black marker to draw a zig-zag pattern for the dinosaur's mouth.
6. Print the PDF template.
7. Glue the whole template to the green construction paper to create a nice border.
8. Glue the hands to the bottom of the template.
9. Usie the green marker to make green spikes on the orange dinosaur's back. Do this by drawing triangles and coloring them in.
10. Repeat with the orange marker on the green handprint dinosaur's back.
The dinosaur handprint card is ready to give to a Dino-mite Dad!