With Valentine’s Day coming up, I wanted to share some of the printables I have been busy working on with all of you. This 1first one is a Footprint Bear Card to go along with the cute saying, “I Love You Bear-y Much!” Besides Valentine’s Day, this saying works for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparent’s Day, or even as a just because card for someone the child loves.
How to make the Footprint Bear Card
1. Print the ‘I Love You Bear-y Much!’ Card template (see end of post for the PDF link).
2. Paint the child’s foot or have them paint it if they are old enough. We used brown paint for ours. Make a footprint with the toes pointed down.
3. Apply paint to the big toe and make the 2 ears. Use a fingerprint to make the tail.
4. Optional – paint a brown oval on the face where the nose and mouth will eventually go. Let dry.
5. Add a heart sticker or one from craft foam like ours (Dollar Tree), or paint it on.
6. Use a marker to add the inside part of the ears (we did hearts!), eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth, and arms. The arms are drawn under the heart so that it looks like the bear is holding the heart up. Optional, add a bow or hat.
7. Write something special and sign it. Now you have an extra sweet card handmade with love!