I just love when my kids bring home handprint art, don't you? My son made this handprint butterfly poem keepsake when he was in kindergarten and it's the sweetest thing! The kids made them for a surprise Mother's Day gift along with DIY pens and coupon books. *Originally published 4/25/2017 and updated on 5/6/2019.
Supplies for the Butterfly Mother's Day Craft
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Printable Butterfly Poem Craft Template
Isn't this poem for Mother's Day handprint craft sweet? I just adore projects like this!
How to make the Mother's Day Butterfly Handprint Keepsake
- Paint the hands in a color of choice, then make one handprint on each side of the butterfly's body.
- Color in the butterfly's body or cover it with fingerprints. Let dry. Optional: Add a photo of the child's face or leave it as is.
- Once completely dry, send the finished sheet through a laminator. This way it will last a long time!
- Use a hole punch to make a hole near the top of each side.
- Finish by adding a piece of yarn or string for hanging.
On the front or back side of the Mother's Day poem printable, be sure to have the child write their name, age, and date before laminating!
My then kindergartner also made a cute little coupon book to go along with his laminated butterfly gift. I'm not sure where his teacher printed them from, but here's a couple cute ones I've found:
If you liked this Mother's Day handprint butterfly poem keepsake, you will love this handprint heart craft with the sweetest saying written around it!