Johnny Appleseed Day is September 26th. All across America kids will be honoring this great legend with fun apple activities and apple eating. Make learning about his love of planting apple trees even more interesting with this roundup of fun handprint and fingerprint apple crafts.
Originally posted September 1, 2013; Updated August 20, 2019
Handprint and Fingerprint Apple Crafts
1. Make a tree with apple prints – so fun!
2. For preschoolers and kindergartners, check out this free printable thumbprint counting activity.
3. This adorable handprint apple with a worm is too cute for a first day of school keepsake.
4. This little hands apple orchard is great for siblings or a small class to do together.
5. Here’s an apple tree that’s simple to make.
6. Have your child trace their hand and arm to make a fingerprint tree for Johnny Appleseed Day.
7. If your child is learning how to use a scissors, this apple collage craft is a great way to get some practice in.
More Apple Themed Kids Crafts
8. My favorite is this cute basket of handprint apples crafts from Moments of Mommyhood.
9. Mamas Like Me shows you how to make an easy paper apple tree.
10. Working on a letter of the week craft? Here is an ‘A is for Apple‘ craft that’s easy to make!
11. Love photo keepsakes? Then you’ll love this clever salt dough apple frame!
Apple Themed Book Suggestions
Have fun learning all about apples by reading one of these books about apples to go along with the handprint and fingerprint apple crafts! *As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You May Also Like:
Related: Paper Plate Apple Preschool Craft