We've been on an apple craft kick lately! See what fun item we used to stamp apples on our other blog and we would love for you to stop by Life Over C's to see the fun apple counting craft we made using a pool noodle. Today I am sharing a paper plate apple craft with a handprint stem that makes a great fall craft or for Johnny Appleseed Day which is September 26th.
How to make the Handprint Paper Plate Apple Craft
- We made mini stamps using a bath loofah (see how here).
- I placed red paint on a paper plate.
- My daughter placed the mini loofah stamp in the paint and dabbed the excess off on a part of the plate that didn't have paint.
- Stamp a paper plate until the whole thing is covered. We used a dessert sized plate.
- Make a green handprint. Cut around it and glue it to the paper plate. This creates the leaf
- Tape a twig/small piece of a stick to the backside behind the leaf.
- Cut a small slit somewhere on the paper plate.
- Bend a green pipe cleaner to create a caterpillar.
- Stick it through the slit and bend it upwards on the back side. You may also wish to tape it to the backside.
More Apple Crafts for Kids:
- Apple with Bite Marks Paper Plate Craft
- Free Printable Johnny AppleSeed Day Counting Activity
- Handprint Crafts for Johnny Appleseed Day
- Johnny Appleseed Day Coloring Pages
- Apple Printed Lunch Bags
- 5 Apple-themed Learning Printables
- Apple Tree Math Printable
Theresa (Capri + 3) says
I did not know about Johnny Appleseed day. Now, we have a way to be prepared and celebrate. I love this cute paper plate/hand print craft! Pinning.
Tina Peterson says
Hi - this is very cute. I'll have to try it with 9 month old Gianna and 17 month old Luna. Maybe on different days!
Thanks so much Tina! Cute names BTW 🙂