We’ve been on an apple craft kick lately!
Today I am sharing a paper plate apple craft that makes a great fall craft or for Johnny Appleseed Day which is September 26th.
How to make the Paper Plate Apple Handprint Craft
- We made mini stamps using a bath loofah (see how here).
- I placed red paint on a paper plate.
- My daughter placed the mini loofah stamp in the paint and dabbed the excess off on a part of the plate that didn’t have paint.
- Stamp a paper plate until the whole thing is covered. We used a dessert sized plate.
- Make a green handprint. Cut around it and glue it to the paper plate. This creates the leaf
- Tape a twig/small piece of a stick to the backside behind the leaf.
- Cut a small slit somewhere on the paper plate.
- Bend a green pipe cleaner to create a caterpillar.
- Stick it through the slit and bend it upwards on the back side. You may also wish to tape it to the backside.
More Apple Crafts:
- Paper Plate Apple
- Free Printable Johnny AppleSeed Day Counting Activity
- Handprint Crafts for Johnny Appleseed Day
- Johnny Appleseed Day Coloring Pages
- Apple Printed Lunch Bags
- 5 Apple-themed Learning Printables
- Apple Tree Math Printable
- Tissue Paper Apple