Here’s a simple paper strawberry craft for preschool and kindergarten ages! It’s made using traced hand shapes. This paper craft is great for a food and nutrition theme, fruit theme, or even a summer camp craft.
- red and green construction paper
- black marker
- kids scissors
Strawberry Paper Craft Instructions
1. To make a the hand shaped strawberry, have the child trace around their hand onto the red construction paper with the fingers together (touching each other). Then, cut out the hand shape.
2. Repeat this again using green construction paper.
3. Next, cut a top section of the green hand in a zigzag pattern. Set aside.
4. Cut off just the jagged part of the remaining green hand shape so it is a straight edge. Then cut a skinny strip. Cut the strip in half to create 2 small rectangles. These will make the stem.
5. Now take the green top part and glue it to the red hand. Then take a small rectangle and glue it to the top of this to create the stem and leaves.
6. Draw black seeds to finish the hand shaped paper strawberry. Make as many as you’d like!
*Craft Tip: Instead of drawing on seeds, kids could make fingerprint seeds using black ink or paint. This could be done with the index or pinky finger.