Kids grow up so fast with the new school year being some of the biggest moments. Check out all these fun 1st Day of school handprint crafts! They also make the sweetest keepsakes to mark their big day(s)!
It's official, my son has grown up in the blink of an eye. I will be sending him off to his first day of Kindergarten later this month. :'( While of course this is an exciting milestone, I am also sad that he is already school-aged. He is no longer the chubby cheeked baby or the little boy learning how to walk and talk.
I am so proud of his love of learning and have been trying to tell him that he will like it just as much as his preschool class that he went to twice a week for 3 hours. He used to beg me to go every day so I am a bit surprised when he started to cry the other night saying that he was too shy and didn't want to go.
His cousins started this past week. I showed him photos via Facebook of their 1st day of school in an effort to calm his nerves and get him excited. It did make him feel a lot better after he saw how huge their smiles were, especially since one is the same age as him.
I also messaged a mommy friend and asked if her son, who went to kindergarten at the same school he will be attending, would talk with him. Her son is excited to tell him all about it! I am hoping that he will feel better after he does the 'Meet & Greet' with his new teacher and gets to tour his new school.
*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
1st Day of School Handprint Crafts and Keepsakes
- o’FISH’ally a Preschooler/Kindergartner/1st Grader Printable Keepsake - Fun Handprint Art
- Handprint Crayon Box - Sweet & Lovely Crafts
- Rocking in My School Shoes Inspired Shoe Print Craft - Fun Handprint Art
- Handprint Angry Birds First Day Keepsake - Juggling with Kids
- 1st Day Memory Book - Our Aussie Homeschool
- Welcome Wreath made with Handprints - Rainbows Within Reach
- First Day Time Capsule Craft - The First Grade Parade
- Kindergarten Keepsake Boxes - Sacred Heart School
- First Day Friendship Wreath - Preschool Playbook
- First Mark in School Poem Keepsake - Rainbows Within Reach
- School Supplies Handprint Craft - elemeno-p kids for Fun Handprint Art
- School Bus Craft made with Traced Finger People - Play Dough & Popsicles for Fun Handprint Art
- First Day Of School Interview Printable - Play Dough & Popsicles for Fun Handprint Art
Crafts and Activities to go along with The Kissing Hand
We also searched for craft ideas for the big day and also for ones that go with the cute book titled The Kissing Hand - a must read for anyone with younger kids!
- 1st Day of School Puzzle Craft & Keepsake with Poem - A to Z Teacher Stuff
- Handprint & Poem for The Kissing Hand Book - The Hundred Languages of Children
- The Kissing Hand Bento - Bento-olgy
- The Kissing Hand Necklace/Crafts/TPT Freebie - First Grade Blue Skies
If you are a teacher, what things have become your yearly 1st day routine? What other ways you helped calm a student's nerves? Please feel free to share 1st Day of school handprint crafts so that others can get ideas and tips. Find more ideas here: Back to School with The Kissing Hand.
*This post was originally published on 8/17/13 and updated on 8/12/17. If your are following an image from Pinterest, please note that some of the links have been changed. The photo collages have also been updated because they were from websites/blogs that are no longer 'found' (no longer active) on the internet.
School Themed Crafts:
[ess_grid alias="School Theme"]