You’re going to love these adorable Valentine’s Day footprint crafts and keepsakes! As a mom, I always enjoy receiving little keepsakes that remind me just how small and cute my kids were in a particular season or year. Each year when I pull out the seasonal decorations or flip through scrapbooks and photo albums of things we’ve created, these never fail to make me smile.
Valentine’s Day is the perfect occasion to share sentimental projects like footprints with extended family. That’s why I’ve rounded up some of the sweetest little footprint crafts made with love in honor of the day of love.
Adorable Valentine’s Day Footprint Crafts
Make the kids (and yourself) a yummy Valentine’s Day Snack while you get out the crafting materials to create something sweet to look back on when your kids aren’t quite so small.
1. Valentine’s Day Salt Dough Keepsake by Fun Handprint Art: This sweet keepsake reads “Tiny Toes Big Heart,” and nothing expresses those early years better. Parents and grandparents will treasure this for years to come.
2. I Love You Bear-y Much Card by Fun Handprint Art: This may be a Valentine’s Day craft, but it’s perfect for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, and Grandparent’s Day as well. It’s always a good time for your kids to show someone how much they’re loved!
3. Footprint Heart with Poem Keepsake by Fun Handprint Art: The bright red footprint heart and gold glitter on this card make it a bold and beautiful card choice to send on Valentine’s Day.
4. Footprint Love Bug Craft by Fun Handprint Art: Who’s been bitten by the love bug? This is such a neat way to say “I love you” on Valentine’s Day! You could also cut out the footprint shape, attach some wings, and put a magnet on the back to put it on the fridge.
5. Love Bug Footprint Puppets by Coffee Cups and Crayons: Here’s a version of the love bug craft that kids can play with! Let them make up stories about the love bugs and act them out. These could be hours of fun.
6. Footprint Bee Valentine by Non-Toy Gifts: Won’t you “bee” mine? No one can resist this absolutely adorable bee card. The heart-shaped antennae make it over-the-top cute!
7. Footprint Race Car Valentine by I Heart Arts n Crafts: What a fun craft for any kid, but boys will especially love the race car theme. This would even be cute in the nursery or your child’s bedroom.
8. Footprint Heart Card by The Best Ideas for Kids: What could be sweeter than baby footprints? Baby footprints surrounded by conversation hearts, of course!
More Footprint Valentines to Make with the Kids
9. Footprint Flower Keepsake by Emma Owl: Although this was a Mother’s Day craft, I think the flower theme is very fitting for Valentine’s Day, too. Who wouldn’t love a bouquet of tiny toes on their valentines?
10. Farmhouse Love Baby Footprint Sign by The Frugal Homemaker: This is the perfect craft to make on baby’s first Valentine’s Day. It’s beautiful enough to display in your home for years to come. Make one for the grandparents, too!
11. Clay Footprint Bowl by Messy Little Monster: Any mother would love to receive this gorgeous keepsake bowl on Valentine’s Day. Put jewelry in it at the end of the day, use it as a key bowl, or just display it on a table or on the mantle in your home. It’s a treasure that will last a lifetime.
12. You Are My Sunshine Footprint Art by Blessings Overflowing: Although it’s not red and pink like so many other valentines are, this is still a wonderful gift idea for Valentine’s Day. Saying “You are my sunshine” is a beautiful way to express love to your family. This is another craft that can hang beautifully in your home for years.
13. Love Handprint and Footprint Canvas by Simply Today Life: This colorful canvas piece will look gorgeous in the playroom! It includes both a handprint and a footprint so you can remember just how tiny those fingers and toes were when the canvas was made.
14. Some Bunny Loves You Card by Messy Little Monster: It may have been an Easter craft, but you can certainly gift these cute little bunny footprints on Valentine’s Day! You could do white footprints on red cardstock with cute little pink tails.
15. Valentine Footprint Craft for Early Learners by Ms. Fultz’s Corner: Toddlers and moms alike will love this no-mess painting activity featuring marbled hearts and a cute little footprint. The hearts are “painted” in the bag to prevent a mess on hands and table tops. Genius!
16. Bananas Over You Footprint Craft by The Keeper of the Cheerios: This monkey-and-bananas themed Valentine’s Day crafts has to be one of my favorites. Both the bananas and the monkey are made with footprints, so if you’d like a way to incorporate several children into the same piece, this project is a terrific idea.
Pin these footprint Valentine’s Day crafts to try a new idea each year with the kids while they’re small. You’ll be so grateful for capturing these moments!
Find more Valentine’s Day crafts here!