Did you know that most baby animals are born in the Spring? Today’s post is all about Spring animals made from handprints, footprints, and fingerprints. These are also animals that come to mind when you think of Easter. Plus, you’ll find bugs, butterflies, and more!
Spring Animals Made From Handprints, Footprint, and Fingerprints
*This article was originally published May 2013 and updated on 3/31/2019. Many of the featured crafts have been updated and replaced ones where the featured website has been deleted.
Bird Crafts For Kids To Make
One way you know that Spring has sprung is the sound of birds chirping. Below you will find a variety of creative bird ideas to make with kids.
- Cute bird with handprint roses – Such a sweet craft idea!
- Footprint Robin – via Moments of Mommyhood
- Footprint Bluebird – via Sun Hats & Wellie Boots
- Blue Bird Craft – Adorable craft made with handprints.
- Birds made from Handprints
- Handprint Birds in a Nest– We did a contributor post for Crystal & Co and is part of an entire alphabet handprint series we made for her.
- Pink Thumbprint Birdies – via Meet the Dubiens
- Thumbprint Birds on a Branch – Love that the birds are all different colors!
- Handprint Duck
- Hand-y Paper Plate Chick – There’s both a boy and girl version.
- Spring Chicks made from Footprints
- Chicks/Birdies in a Nest made from Fingerprints – way too cute!!! via One Savvy Mom
Spring Animal Crafts For Kids
Farm animals seem to be a popular Spring theme. Baby animals represent ‘new’ just like everything blossoms and regrows new in the Springtime. Here are a handful of cute ways to make bunnies and lambs/sheep.
- Footprint Paper Plate Bunny Craft – popular!
- Footprint Bunny Craft – Part of our handprint and footprint calendar.
- Peeking Bunny Hand Art
- Hand Print Rabbit part of a calendar via The Sharpened Pencil
- Mommy & Me Lambs from Hands
- Sheep Handprint – so sweet! via Sugar Aunts
Another popular Spring theme is bugs, insects, and all things minibeasts.
- Egg Carton Ladybug on a Handprint Leaf
- Craft Stick Butterfly made with Handprints – side view!!! Via Learn, Create, Love
- Butterfly and Ladybug Footprint Art – inspired by popular Melissa and Doug toys!
- Colorful Handprint Butterfly Art
- Footprint Butterfly Art – so pretty! Part of a handprint and footprint calendar.
- Preschool Handprint Caterpillar– Seriously adorable.
- Thumbprint Caterpillars– Printable counting activity including ladybugs and flowers.
- Caterpillar Toe Prints – Inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar book.
- Caterpillars made from Toe Prints – different than the one above.
- Spring Bugs – made with fingerprints and includes a printable.
- I is for Insects – via Mama Jenn
- Thumbprint Ladybugs all different colors!
- Footprint Ladybug & Bumblebee – a personal favorite from our 1st year of blogging!
- Ladybirds made from Handprints – Letter Ll project via Red Ted Art
- Thumbprint Honeybee Hive – love this via Artsy Craftsy Mom!
- Fingerprint Bugs in a Jar – Free printable.
We hope you found some cute ideas to try from our Ultimate Guide to Spring Animals made with handprints, footprints, and fingerprints post! You may also like this list of winter animal crafts.