Bring Fall's beauty indoors with these easy Autumn arts and crafts for kids made with fingerprints and thumbprints! Be sure to check out these handprint crafts for fall too!
Originally published 8/26/2018 and updated on 8/26/2019.
Autumn Art Projects for Kids Using Fingerprints
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These fall crafts for kids cover a wide variety of topics including trees and leaves, corn, acorns, apples, pumpkins, and turkeys. Kids will work on fine motor and scissors skills through these projects as well as a few that incorporate Math.
Tree Craft Ideas:
Trees are a popular theme for preschool and kindergarten ages. Here are some fun ideas for painting trees.
1. Fall Fingerprint Tree - Perfect for scissor practice and counting activity.
2. Family Fingerprint Tree Keepsake - Get the whole family involved to create unique artwork to display in the home.
3. Cardboard Tube Fall Tree Craft - This idea is great for toddlers too!
4. Finger Autumn Trees - via Our Little House in the Country
5. Leaf Art Projects using Fingerprints - Creative way to explore negative space with younger kids. via Artsy Momma
Fall Harvest Ideas for Kids: Pumpkins, Apples, Acorns, Corn
These food themed art projects are great for a preschool or kindergarten Fall Harvest unit study.
6. Fun Thumbprint Acorn Craft For Kids - Lovely idea by Artsy Craftsy Mom.
7. Fingerprint Corn On The Cob Art - Make Indian Corn! via Artsy Craftsy Mom
8. Thumbprint Pumpkin Patch - Simple idea by Crafty Morning.
9. Simple Pumpkin Idea - via Learn Create Love
10. Pumpkin Patch Vine Designs - via The Preschool Toolbox
11. Counting Apples Printable - Fun math printable activity.
12. Stamped Apple Prints With Fingerprint Leaves - Clever way to create apples via Artsy Momma
13. Pumpkin Math Activity - Free printable math activity.
14. Fall Food Counting Cards - Cute!
15. Fall Pumpkin Art - Using small canvases.
Here are two creative turkey art projects to get you preschooler ready for Thanksgiving dinner!
16. Turkey Idea - via Roots and Wings Co.
17. Thumbprint Turkey Prayer Cards - Cute for the Thanksgiving table.
Autumn Arts and Crafts
See also: Apple Crafts For A Johnny Appleseed Day Theme
Janice L. says
Thank you very much for distributing these crafts! I think that these activities are very useful for children because it is very much develops creativity. Creative children are always interested in such things, and most often they become really successful in their studies and career development.
Good morning!! You posted a few weeks ago a September page with a poem and handprint - is that posted anywhere I could show my daughter? Also do you have a monthly calendar page
I do not have a calendar printable. Here is the post you are referring too https://funhandprintartblog.com/handprint-leaf-for-september-handprint-calendar.html
Thank you! 🙂